Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Elliott 99 days

Whoever watched Oprah today probably has fulla eyes like me from crying like a baby for a whole hour. Oprah did a show today about inspirational stories of children who beat the odds, accomplished their dreams, and who have gone through a lot of adversity. Their was a story of a couple who had a baby boy that was born with a disease where he would not survive past a couple of days. They named their baby Elliot, and he surpassed doctors expectations and survived to live a full 99 days. The couple captured every moment of their sons short life with a video journal, seen on this link (http://www.oprah.com/media/20081001_tows_99balloons). Every day their son was born they celebrated with a birthday party at exactly the time of Elliott birth. Touched my heart and it was just a great reminder to me of how fragile life is and how we never know when each moment will be our last.

5 comments:

Line said...

Ok, reading this just made my eyes water, so I probably would've been balling too if I watched that show. Baby Elliot's parents seem like amazing people.

malia said...

yes, i was bawling my eyes out and then when oprah came on all crying i started crying even more!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

thanks for sharing that video... I'm bawlling as we speak. they are amazing parents! imagine how wonderful they'll be with the rest of their children. I could not even imagine what that would be like. Sad-but at least they have a great perspective on life and they really made those 99 days an exceptionally positive experience for everyone-but especially Elliot.

mary said...

everyone was crying. even celine dion!! okay. yeah, oprah has power over emotions too. thanks for sharing this betty. i'm gonna go kiss malia and kina right now.

Inouyes said...

OMG I actually watched it when I got back because ya I'm the same way TIVO Oprah but,I was bawling my eyes off it makes you step back and remind yourself of what you have been blessed with :)

here is my email lishainouye@yahoo.com
email me your address so I can send you an invite to my blog