Monday, June 15, 2009

Are you pregnant yet?

It seems like as soon as I gave birth to Tai, the question "are you pregnant yet?" was frequently asked- no joke. So after three years of trying, and never ever being on birth control I started asking myself that question. I always wanted my kids a year a part, or close together so they would have close relationships- and I could make use of hand-me-downs (it's just the cheap in me). For a while there I accepted the fact that Tai would be the only child, and Vete and I were both ok with that. But I knew that Tai would miss out on a lot being the only child. Finally I am so excited to say that yes "I am pregnant" and I can finally give Tai the sibling that he has always wanted. I did try the clomide (spelling) thing, but excited to say when I got pregnant it was natural and I was not on any type of fertility pill- there is only one heart beat when the Doctor checked. I just have to add that anyone out there that is still trying to get pregnant don't stress, because it will happen when you least expect it. I was one of those people that took a pregnancy test the day I was late, sometimes a day or two early and you don't need details but lets say we were very strict on following through on my fertility days. It was a long journey for us and the week I found out I was pregnant, I actually had another appointment to see the Doctor to get back on the Clomide. This pregnancy came out of no where, of course we wanted it but we accepted the disappointment of a negative test so that it would be easier to take. Vete was skeptical even after I took 3 pregnancy test and they all came out positive, he was so happy but would not show his emotions until I confirmed it with the Doctor. Once the doctor did the ultra sound and confirmed it, he was so excited and called everyone he knew. Vete is dying for a Lil girl, but I have a feeling it will be another boy because the pregnancy feels the same as to when I was pregnant with Tai. But we both really don't care, after trying so long we are happy to be adding another special spirit to our lil family. January 24, 2010 our bundle of joy will arrive and we cannot wait, seriously this pregnancy is already too long!

14 comments:

mary said...

CONGRATS BETTY!!!! i'm sooooooo happy for you guys. this little baby is soo lucky to have you and vete as parents. can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!

Tina said...

YEAH!!! That's so exciting! We can't wait to meet him/her, BTW you're an amazing mom (and woman actually)

Cardwell said...

OH! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!

malia said...

yeah! congratulations guys!

Cam and Lohi said...

Congratulations!!! I could just feel the excitement in your post. Hope that your pregnancy will be a smooth ride...if it doesn't (not wishing that on you at all)...know that your little boy or girl will be worth it:).

Nimo said...

Yay! Yay! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!

Ok, im happy for you guys. :)

BETS & VETS said...

Thanks everyone we are excited and appreciate all your comments!

Kassie said...

I am so happy for you Betty! Another BEAUTIFUL baby on the way for your family. Hope you're feeling ok! Love ya oxxoxoxoxox

THE TAASE'S said...

CONGRATULATIONS HO CHING'S!! That is so exciting, and I'm so happy for the 3 of you. Boy or girl, that baby is going to be gorgeous like his/her big brother Tai! How is BLUE EYES!! I need to get on and read up on you guys. Kiss your boys for me and again...CONGRATULATIONS!! love you guys,
tafi

harmony said...

yay bet!! congratulations! i heard from uila that u were pregs. that's awesome, i'm so happy for you guys. i'm hoping that ahonui will have a playmate (hopefully a girl too!) soon someday too.

A.Niu said...

Congrads Betty.... Im so happy for you. I get the oppisite question "Dont tell me you pregnant again!" or " Man stop having kids already" Funny cause they might no be saying it, But there face sure shows it. I hope you have a little girl. Girls a nice and alot different then lil boys.

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Congrats, Betty! Vete announced it on Facebook the other day. How fun for you! I sure hope time flies for you and that it's an easy pregnancy too.

Line said...

This is so late, but... CONGRATULATIONS Betty! That is SO exciting! You are such a great mom.

mary said...

hey betty!! do you have the pic you took at the reunion? can you email it to me? marylatu@gmail.com. trying to get updated on my blog. he he he. thanks betty!