Monday, November 1, 2010

What a year!

Wow I have been so MIA lately in the blogging world and it feels good to be back! I have been reading past posts and I realized how important it is to blog. Reading these past posts brought back so many old memories some good some bad, but I loved it. I have a huge gap on my blog, and I'll do my best to fill it with this post.

So lets start with the sad stuff, so year ago I had a miscarriage and it's a small event but had a huge impact on me. I struggled with feelings of being inadequate, and broken both physically and emotionally. Feelings of regret really brought negativity in my life, and I found myself putting blame on others, and also wondering about the what if's? I was a really negative person, I was miserable, I gained a ton of weight and I just didn't want to be happy. During this struggle I realized a lot of things, I realized that I had a wonderful supportive husband and the reasons why I married him magnified. I have developed a relationship with my savior Jesus Christ and realized my worth as a daughter of God. I still struggle with infertility and still as baby hungry as ever but this struggle has helped me grow in many ways and I'm just so grateful for my testimony, my family and everything that I have- especially the light of my life my son.
After this happened we started house shopping and bought a house and it's been a year since we have been here. Still so many unfinished projects, and lots of work but getting there. Home ownership has many pros and cons- the feeling we get when we pull into our driveway and know that all our hard work is going towards something other then down the drain is priceless. However the feeling I get when I open my bills sucks- bigger place bigger bills. This is the only time I miss the draper condo! Also we are learning so much from my bro and sis in-law on how to change fuses, how to winterize and ect., grateful they live close. We are just very happy with what we have, never mind about the decline in house values we won't go there- lol!
After moving to the Lehi area we decided that we wanted to start attending the Samoan ward-Lehi 42nd. Other then my home ward Laie 1st- I have never felt more at home then I feel in this ward. I have been inactive for a huge part of my life and coming to this ward has been a blessing to both me and my family. Vete started to go to church and he has struggled with things in his life and this ward has fellowshipped him back to church and I will forever be in debt to this ward for that alone. It's been a long time coming and I never thought that I would be going to church with my husband, I cherish the moments that we have just sitting together as a family in church. Since moving to this ward I have been called to the relief society, and Vete has been called to the Elders Quorum, these callings have been challenging but they have helped both of us grow spiritually. This past June 2010 our family was sealed in the Draper temple. I look back on that day and it was pretty hectic before and after the sealing but the sealing itself was beautiful. I have never been this happy before, it's amazing how everything falls into place when you put the Lord first in your life. So whats going on with us now? Tai is in preschool, and he is four years old and growing up too quick. He is so smart, and just like me very clumsey. I think Vete and I will push academics on this kid, but who knows he may surprise Vete and I and be more of an athlete when he gets older. He is the tallest in his preschool class and we just hope he starts to put on weight so that he can grow horizontally aswell. He is in to Super why right now, and his favorite color is purple and what can I say about this kid, other then he is the bomb- the center of me and Vetes world! Vete is busy with work and we rarely see him because of his calling but would nothave it any other way. I'm still working, will be working till the day I die- but I cannot complain, I am grateful for my job and it's security. I'm working out again trying to lose all the weight , but this time around I'm in it for the long haul and not the quick fix. I'm also preparing to go back to school, and hoping and praying I get in. This year has allowed us to grow in so many ways, and I hope I can stay consistent with blogging this time around so that I can capture all the memories.











3 comments:

BETS & VETS said...

does anyone know how to delete this photobucket thingy on my blog- it's annoying

Tina said...

great to have you back girlie! you just need to change your blogger background probably because whoever you were using discontinued this page. you can try http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds.html to get some cute free ones enjoy!

Nimo said...

Betty- so great to hear all the updates. I mean, I heard them through Tolai but im really excited for you guys. Congratulations on EVERYTHING! We are so happy for your family!