Friday, September 12, 2008

1 Year mark!


My little sister finally made her one year mark on her mission in Bucharest, Romania! She is 5 years younger then me, and although she is younger she is a great example and I look up to her very much. When I was single we use to live together, and trust me it was so hard. We argued everyday because she was irritating, I was irritating, I always wore her clothes-lol, we seriously would fight physically but of course it was just rolling around the floor getting our hands tangled in each others hair- and I admit she can kick my butte, anyways. Well I gotta share this story, this one time Olo was at the apartment with Tili and Olo stank up our bathroom and tried to kill the smell with a candle- well anyways she forgot to blow the candle out, and she fell asleep. When she finally woke up the bathroom was in flames, however she and tili managed to get the flames out. Olo was so afraid to tell me, she went out and bought a new toilet seat, and some plaster and paint to fix the burned wall. When I came home from work there was a fan blowing in the bathroom, and when Olo came home all I did was ask her what happened, and she denied anything happened and then finally she came back into my room and told me everything and we started laughing. Although the majority of the time I spent living with my little sister was spent fightingand arguing over petty things, I did learn a lot about her- more then I ever knew before. She is a very independent person, very thoughtful, and very giving- and I miss her so much. I never really started building a closer relationship with her until about the time she was preparing to go on a mission, and also through our correspondence during her mission. I never really appreciated my lil sis until she left, and never knew how much I would miss her- crazy huh, but I seriously cannot wait until she comes home in 6 months. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days that we lived together and re-create good memories rather than the negative ones we have, but we learn and we grow from them I guess. I know she is on the Lords errand, and that she is safe, and I'm so glad that we have a better relationship now! My lil sis blog is on my link list for updates on how she is doing.

4 comments:

sarana said...

too funny!

mary said...

SISTERS!! lol. I know what you mean, girl. My sister and I didn't become friends until we were somewhat adults. Now we're best friends. I think its just a sister thing. :)

Line said...

Wow, I can't believe your sister is old enough to be on her mission. That must make me old. :)

And yeah, my sisters and I didn't become friends until we grew up. :)

Kahanu said...

Betty of course we remember you! I am still amazed at how many people we fit into that little apartment! That little baby you guys saw is now 11(will be 12 in April)! Crazy how time flies! Your little guy is so cute! I'm so glad you stopped by our blog and that we could see your cute family! I know what you mean about the sister thing-it's great how you turn out to be best friends! I hope the rest of your family is doing well-Your parents were always so mice to my family!