Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My next project

Lately I have been on a craft roll, this is what i have done so far- more to come.

I wanted to show off my first attempt to modge podging my dresser, I have some air bubbles I couldn't get rid of but other then that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. In the future I may change out the hardware but painting what I had black is good enough for now.
Currently I'm working on Tai's room, he wants a "Mickey Mouse" room. Tai loves those classic Mickey mouse and donald duck cartoon shorts, the kid cracks up non stop watching them. My goal with this room is to decorate it with the classic mickey mouse look. It's gonna be hard cause my budget is very, very, very minimal so I really have to be creative. This is the first thing that I made - the chair I got from DI - cost 5.00 (only me can try and negotiate the price lower at a DI). I painted it with black acrylic paint and red glossy acrylic paint, then cut out the mickey and the buttons with white cardstock- and modge podge them on. If I could do it again I would have used vinyl for the mickey, but again I'm on a budet. Tai loves it and I cannot wait to finish the room- and yes I do watch too much hgtv.


sarana said...

wow! you go girl with your creative self. one of these days, i'll catch on to that bug.
lol @ treating di like the swap meet! only you... lol

Inouyes said...

i <3 it good job betty and btw you can use my cricket anytime to cut out vinyl lettering :)
Modge Podge I have done a couple of magazine stands I should show you they were fun to work with your dresser looks AWESOME! oH & the Mickey chair WAAAAAY CUTE!

Traci said...

WOW those are amazing you will have to teach me how to do that